Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Therapeutic Regurg

A foreword to anyone that stumbles upon my ramblings, please take them as such. I'm writing this for many reasons (to keep my sanity, to rehash my day, to look back and see if I've really learned anything). This is not a blog for the scholarly; my spelling and grammar will not be corrected. I'm doing this because I'm now 33 years-old. I've come a long way and learned so much in the past decade.

I used to blog quite often. I'd usually write about the kids, the husby, military life...and the blogs tended to be humorous. My life stays along those lines, for the most part. Sure, I have my bad days like any other person, but the good most certainly outweighs the bad. To me, it has a lot to do with perspective. The glass is half-full. I look for the positive in people and situations. That is one trait, I'm proud to say, I've maintained throughout the years.

I'm a far cry from that girl who grew up in Indiana. I've been away and lived so much more. I think back to my early 20's, back before I left for the Air Force, and I smile. Not to sound overly cliche, but I suppose my ignorance was bliss. I was young and dumb. So sheltered. So naive. Monterey, Honolulu and Seattle certainly brought their own brands of culture shock.

Back to present-day and purpose. I plan to use this forum to dump my day. Because I work in the ER, I see a lot of disturbing things in the course of a day. I used to see really awful things when I worked at Parkview, but I'm a different person now. I'm happily married, I have kids, I would even venture to say that I probably care more about other people now than I did when I was younger. I'm affected more by patients now than 10 years ago. I don't think that writing will erase the things that I see, but maybe it will help me to evaluate how I feel about the things that I experience, and in doing so, I will be able to maintain the positive outlook on life that I so treasure.

I'm hitting a brick wall. Maybe it's because my head is in a million different places, or perhaps it's because I should be in bed. I'm betting the snoring Weimaraner under my desk isn't doing my imagination any favors. My brain needs a break. I think I'll pour a glass of cab and watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Doesn't that sounds dreamy?

No comments:

Post a Comment